Web application security is a branch of security information that deals specifically with security of websites, web applications and web services. At high level, web application security draws on the principles of application security but applies them specifically to internet and web systems. Websites and web applications are level to security breaches as physical homes, stores and government locations. Unfortunately, cyber crime happens every day, and great web security measures are needed to protect websites and web applications from becoming compromised.
That exactly what web security does it is a system of protection measures and protocols that can protect your website or web application from being hacked or entered by unauthorized personnel. This basic division of Information Security is vital to the protection of websites, web applications, and web services. Anything that is applied over the Internet should have some form of web security to protect it. Web sites are unfortunately prone to security risks. So many networks to which web servers are connected. Setting sideways risks created by employee use or misuse of network resources, your web server and the site it hosts present you’re most serious sources of security risk. Web server’s designs open a window between your network and the world. The care taken with server maintenance, web application updates and your web site coding will define the size of that window, limit the kind of information that can pass all the way through it and thus establish the degree of web security you will have.
Website Security is critical component of protects and secures websites and servers. Websites are scan for any possible vulnerabilities and malware is website security software. This software can be scan for backdoor hacks, redirect hacks, Trojans and many other threats. Website security software notifies the user website has any issue and provides solutions to address them.
Enterprise Networks are always high risk of vulnerability and ensuring website security is vital. If the Network get compromise the server and the website get compromised as well as let the malware infiltrate through the enterprise network and introduce malware activities Features of a good Website Security Plan
- Malware scan
- Malware removal
- Manual malware and hack removal
- File change monitoring
- Blacklist/spam monitoring
- Blacklist removal
- Security monitoring
- Advanced DDoS mitigation
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Site Seal
Website Security Issues
Your website handle by the customers’ personal sensitive data like the bank credentials, social security numbers and other vital information like credit card details.
There is a lot of website security issue that might occur in a myriad ways:
- Website Source Code : When the website code is not well developed there is lot of security issues. If your web server and web apps are complex to manage bugs, weaknesses and security flaws are a sure thing. The more dynamic site, the more possibilities of security holes and bugs.
- Website Visitor Access : Their websites are creates a space for visitor interaction, much like a chat room or any other option to make it visitor-friendly. However, this brings a higher chance of the website being vulnerable. When there is an avenue through which the visitors are allowed to access corporate resources, it becomes more complex to identify and distinguish between the genuine and malware-intended visitors. So restrict or stopping the unauthorized bad guys is a challenge.
- Website Security Software : The Website Security Software equips the website for protection against cyber attacks. Website security service works by implementing the manage Security as a Service Model. This software is used by vendors to provide Website Security Service, usually as a managed Security-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.