Data security is the process of protecting data from unauthorized access and data corruption throughout its lifecycle. Data security includes tokenization, data encryption and key management practices that protect data across all applications and platforms. Data security means protect a digital data as well as database from constructive forces and from the unwanted actions of unauthorized users such as a cyber attack or a data breach.
Organizations around the globe are investing heavily in information technology (IT) cyber security capabilities to protect their critical assets. An enterprise want to protect a brand, intellectual capital and customer information for critical infrastructure, the means for incident detection and response to protecting organizational benefit have three common elements: people, processes and technology.
Disk encryption refers to encryption technology to facilitate encrypts data on a hard disk drive. Disk encryption usually takes form in either software (see disk encryption software) or hardware (see disk encryption hardware). Disk encryption is frequently referred to as on-the-fly encryption (OTFE) or transparent encryption.
Data security is an approach to security that emphasis on the security of the data itself rather than the security of networks, servers or applications. Data-centric security is evolving quickly as enterprises increasingly rely on digital information to run their business and big data projects become mainstream. Data-centric security also allows the organizations to overcome the disconnect between IT security technology and the objectives of business strategy by relating security services directly to the data they implicitly protect; a relationship that is often covered by the presentation of security as an end in itself.
Data Security Solutions
Micro Focus drives leadership in data security solutions with over 80 patents and 51 years of expertise. Advanced data encryption, key management and tokenization to protect data across applications, transactions, storage and big data platforms, Micro Focus simplifies the protection of sensitive data in even the most complex use cases.
- Cloud access security : Protection platform that allows you to move to the cloud securely while protecting data in cloud applications.
- Data encryption : Data centric and tokenization security solutions that protect data across enterprise, mobile, cloud and big data environments.
- Hardware security module : Hardware security module that guards financial data and meets industry security and compliance requirements.
- Key management : Solution that protects data and enables industry regulation fulfillment.
- Enterprise Data Protection : Solution that provides end-to-end data-centric approach to enterprise data protection.
- Payments Security : Solution provides complete point-to-point encryption and tokenization for retail payment transactions, enable PCI scope reduction.
- Big Data, Hadoop and IofT data protection : Solution that protects sensitive data in the Data Lake – including Hadoop, Teradata, Micro Focus Vertica and other Big Data platforms.
- Mobile App Security : Protecting sensitive data in native mobile apps though safeguarding the data end-to-end.
- Web Browser Security : Protecting sensitive data is the customer enters cardholder or personal data and keeps it protected through the ecosystem to the trusted host destination.
- eMail Security : Solution that provides end-to-end encryption for email and mobile messaging, protection Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Health Information secure and private.